You don’t get a 2nd chance to make a great first IMPRESSION.
Most Buyers are looking for a home that is well cared for, bright, clean and inviting!
CHECK LIST FOR A QUICKER SALE:
- Curb appeal – lawns & yards – remove clutter, cut grass, edge walks, trim hedges, weed gardens (In the winter clear snow, salt/sand walkways)
- Front and back of house – paint, fix, wash, refresh and clean gutters and wash windows and doors.
- Garage – straighten, organize, throw away any items that haven’t been used recently. Show the spaciousness of the garage.
- Plumbing – repair leaky faucets and toilets
- Heating/cooling – clean exterior of units and change filters
- Lights – change lights bulbs, faulty switches and dated fixtures
- Overall, dust, wash, paint and fix (don’t forget to wash all light switches on the walls)
- Store unused items, purge, dispose, give-away items that you haven’t used in a long time.
THESE ITEMS ARE SUPER CRITICAL:
- Kitchen – stove, refrigerator, sink should be spotless – all work spaces clear
- Bathrooms – neat, spotless and fresh. Replace worn curtain shower curtain and add new show towels (they should match the shower curtain)
- Closets – tidy up – throw away – organize – make them look spacious
HOW TO HELP US HELP YOU!
- During showings – leave the home and if you have pets, please take them with you, if possible.
- Turn on all lights and we will turn them off.
- Tell us what you love about the house, your favorite room, etc.
- Open drapes for day showings and close for evening showings.
- Ensure that there are no strong cooking odors – do not use strong plug-ins as many buyers are sensitive to smells. Just FEBREEZE each room with a neutral scent.
- Add small signs highlighting special features of your home – we can help you with that.
For more helpful suggestions, contact Irene Bilinski at 613.858.1151 or email at Irene@irenebilinski.com