- Price: The most important factor is usually the price. The lowest price is not always the one that will sell first but people of looking for value in the house that they select.
- The location: two similar homes in the same neighborhood, on the same street, at the same price but one will be more attractive to potential buyers because (a) not backing on a busy street (b) power lines (c) mall. Parks, schools, churches and other homes are a better location. Another location would be where the sun comes up in the morning or sets in the evening. Some people a sunny backyard others prefer less sun.
- Availability: by restricting showings times and days, you might be missing a few potential buyers that work shifts or are any available certain times. If it all possible let the agents show your home from 9:00 a.m. till 8:00 p.m. daily including weekends. You might refuse a showing if a member of your family is ill or if you have guests for dinner one night but let it be the exception.
- Upgrades and condition: If the comparables to your home have some upgrades i.e. kitchen, bathrooms, flooring, landscaping this might be a factor why their homes sold before yours. When upgrading to sell, don’t go overboard but make the upgrades appealing to the general public. Consult with a home designer for ideas, the time and $$$ spent on a consultation will give you a great return. i.e. Heavy drapes are no longer appealing to many but nice blinds of California shutters do.
- Marketing: is so important is your home well described in the listing or did your real estate agent just state that it’s a 3 bedroom, two bathroom with an unfinished basement. Or, did the real estate agent give an inviting description of your home. Are the pictures nice and bright and done by a professional or done with a Iphone. Where is your real estate agent advertising your home? Good questions.
- Remember: this is one of your biggest investments that you are trying to sell, use all the tools available to you to get more money in your pocket. I’ve always said you must spend money to make money.
A Real Estate Representative works hard to make sure all of the above is taken care of, so if you're ready to sell your home or have been trying to with little success, watch the video below on How To Pick The Right Real Estate Agent.
Call or Text Irene Bilinski t 613-858-1151 where Real Estate Is All About You.