A Home Buyers Guide – Ottawa Real Estate
What to do when buying a home. This guide will help you make the best choices possible when buying a home.
Simply put, the key to the home search process is knowing what you are looking for and what you can afford. Know the difference between “MUST HAVES” , “LIKE-TO-HAVES” and “ABSOLUTELY DON’T WANT. If you make a list and keep it with you when you speak to a real estate representative or search online, you are less likely to spend time looking at homes that don’t meet your criteria and what you are budgeted for.
Here are a few things to keep in mind during the search process that might put your experience in perspective:
- You can use our mortgage calculator to help you determine what your budget might before you search.
- Almost 90% buyers start their search on the Internet.
- Buyers search for approximately 12 weeks and view 12 homes before making a decision. Don’t expect to find the perfect home with your first search.
- 81% of buyers feel that using the services of a Professional Real Estate Sales Representative resulted in a positive experience.
- Once the home you would like is found you make an offer.
- If your offer is accepted the next step is to make sure the conditions of the Agreement of Purchase and Sale are met. Your real estate agent will assist you with this.
- Lastly the deal is closed and you are now a home owner. Congratulations!!
Are you looking for a home and would like to consult with me before you start your home buying journey? I’d be happy to take some time to meet with you. There are no obligations – just a conversation. You can call me at